Integrating CTM with Google Adwords
In order to have your calls show up as conversions in Google Adwords, you first need to complete two steps:
- Link your account to Google Analytics
- Set up goals in Google Analytics
- Ensure that both CTMs’ tracking code & Google Analytics tracking code is on your landing page.
With your goals defined in Google Analytics, you will want to now make sure your Adwords account is linked to Google Analytics.
** In order to have your calls count as conversions in Adwords you will need to have both Analytics tracking code and CTM’s tracking code on the landing page. This is how Google verifies the information we are sending them is correct, if the information doesn’t match us google will not allow the call to go into Adwords as a conversion. **
Within Google Adwords you can import calls as conversions by doing the following:
- Navigate to “Conversions” under “Tools and Analysis”
- Click on the Conversions Actions Tab to the left.
- There will be an option for Google Analytics
- Select the Goal you setup in Google Analytics
- Click “Import” – you may notice a delay before the conversions appear in Adwords.
Note that it takes up to 5 business days from the time your goals start completing in Analytics for this option “Import from Google Analytics” to appear in your conversions area. Once you set up the import to start happening, you wont have to re-do it again, unless you have different Google Analytics profiles you want to set up to feed into this Adwords accounts as conversions.
- Tracking Display Ads - Google and non-Google setup
- Setting up Goals in Google Analytics
- What Data is Sent to Google Analytics
- Linking CTM with Google Analytics
- Google AdWords Integration for Call-Only Ads and Call Extensions
Browse by Topic
- Starter Kit
- Account Maintenance
- Account Users
- Advertising Agency and Reseller
- Affiliate Program
- Call Log
- Call Queues
- Call Routing
- Call Settings
- Dynamic Number Insertion
- Phone Systems
- Text Messaging
- Tracking Numbers
- Tracking Sources
Monday – Thursday
7:30am – 7:30pm, EST
7:30am – 5:30pm, EST