Source Announcement Troubleshooting
Source announcement whispers can interfere with IVR and voicemail systems on your receiving line.
For example, if the call goes to voicemail, the voicemail greeting on the receiving number will play its prompt. While that message is playing to the caller, our source announcement whisper is also playing to announce the source of the call to the receiver, causing the audio playback to overlap. The effect is you’ll have some calls where the caller hears nothing or hears just the end of your voicemail greeting.
We have three options to work around this issue on the call settings, as it’s highly dependent on the receiving number.
- Announcement whisper hours: use this if you have fixed operating hours and calls will automatically go to voicemail during off hours.
- Announcement whisper timing: this is usually the best option, use this to cancel the whisper when the call rings for more than a given amount of time.
- Announcement whisper max callers: use this if you have a limit on the number of callers who can be connected to the receiving line at the same time.
- Call Triggers
- Voice Analysis: Transcriptions and Keyword Spotting
- After Hours Message for Callers
- Caller ID Settings
- Receiving Party Whispers
Browse by Topic
- Starter Kit
- Account Maintenance
- Account Users
- Advertising Agency and Reseller
- Affiliate Program
- Call Log
- Call Queues
- Call Routing
- Call Settings
- Dynamic Number Insertion
- Phone Systems
- Text Messaging
- Tracking Numbers
- Tracking Sources
Monday – Thursday
7:30am – 7:30pm, EST
7:30am – 5:30pm, EST