Access Control Rules
Access control groups allow you to customize the level of access your users have within your account. You can use them to limit which numbers are visible for a particular user, hide information in the call log, and toggle access to certain features. as needed. Access Controls can only be applied to to Call Agents, Call Managers, and Report Managers. Account visibility cannot be restricted for Administrators (who can view all information on the account).
Access controls are only available on the Advanced plan.
Creating Access Control Groups
1) Navigate to Settings → Access Controls.
2) Click New Access Controls in the upper right corner. (If you do not already have a control group in your account, you will be taken directly to the setup page instead.)
3) Enter a name for this access control group so you will easily recognize it.
4) Select the users you would like to assign to these access controls in the Users assigned to group field.
5) If you need to restrict the user’s view by number or by source, use the Tracking Numbers, Receiving Numbers, or Tracking Sources fields to select the group of numbers you’d like them to see. Leave these fields blank to leave grant visibility to all calls.
6) The Call Log Column Access section will let you control which sections of the call log are visible to the users in this group. By default, everything is turned off for a new access control group. Use the checkboxes to toggle visibility, and check the previewer at the top of this section to see what it will look like to the users in the group.
- In the image below, the users in the control group would be able to see everything about a call except for the audio column, blocking them from listening to recordings of the calls.
7) If you are using custom fields in your account, the Custom Field Access section will be visible. Custom fields listed on the right will be visible to users in this group, and fields listed on the left will be hidden.
8) The Filter Controls section allows you to restrict filter options for the users in this group. You can also restrict the schedules that they are able to see in the account.
9) The Feature Access section allows you to enable or disable features for the users in this group. Check the boxes in this section to further customize the parts of the account these users will be able to use.
- Prevent users within this group from answering calls out of the call log
- Allow users within this group access to the call log export
- Hide the browser phone
- Allow access to call scoring
- Allow access to blocked callers
- Allow access to text messages
10) Click Save Changes.
Assigning Users to an Existing Group
If you already have an access control group in your account, you can add a new user to the group during the user creation process. When you select a role for a user that is eligible to be added to a control group, an Access Controls drop-down will appear. Use the menu to select from any existing access control group on your account.
- User Roles
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Managing Users
- Adding a Schedule to a User
- Adding a Receiving Number to a User
Browse by Topic
- Starter Kit
- Account Maintenance
- Account Users
- Advertising Agency and Reseller
- Affiliate Program
- Call Log
- Call Queues
- Call Routing
- Call Settings
- Dynamic Number Insertion
- Phone Systems
- Text Messaging
- Tracking Numbers
- Tracking Sources
Monday – Thursday
7:30am – 7:30pm, EST
7:30am – 5:30pm, EST