How to Use Call Queues
Call Queues are found within the numbers menu.
From this page you can:
- Add agents to be part of a queue: calls will route to agents based on the scheduled availability of the individual agents and the schedule for the queue.
- Set up schedules of routing (optional): you can choose when the queue is running. Any available agents will be routed calls when the queue is running.
- Create queues of agents/schedules: queues are made up of agents and schedules.
- Manage your various queues: you can have multiple queues in an account to account for different routing at different times of the day.
Within a call queue, as calls come in, available agents can answer and can take the call by pressing 1 after the prompt. At that point, the call is considered answered and it won’t be available to other agents.
The call log will automatically display the agent that accepted the call in the “receiving” column.
Reasons why you would want to use a call queue:
- To ring to multiple people
- To set a different ring tone
- After ringing to multiple people fall back to a voice menu or other person if the first set of agents can not answer.
- Creating a Call Queue
- Agent Routing Rules
- Agent Routing Rules: Location Routing
- Agent Routing Rules: Limit Based Routing
- Agent Routing Rules: Concurrent Calls
Browse by Topic
- Starter Kit
- Account Maintenance
- Account Users
- Advertising Agency and Reseller
- Affiliate Program
- Call Log
- Call Queues
- Call Routing
- Call Settings
- Dynamic Number Insertion
- Phone Systems
- Text Messaging
- Tracking Numbers
- Tracking Sources
Monday – Thursday
7:30am – 7:30pm, EST
7:30am – 5:30pm, EST