Auto-Tagging for Google AdWords Call Tracking
In order for our tracking script to recognize visitors from Google AdWords paid campaigns, you’ll need to ensure that auto-tagging is enabled in Google AdWords. Follow the steps below to enable auto-tagging in your Google AdWords account.
1) Log into your Google AdWords account and click the settings gear.
2) Click on Account Settings in the drop-down menu.
3) Select the Preferences tab.
4) The Tracking section on this page will indicate whether auto-tagging is enabled. If it is currently not enabled, click Edit.
5) Check the box labeled Destination URL Auto-tagging.
6) Click Save changes.
Enabling Auto-tagging (New AdWords Interface)
1) Sign in to your AdWords account.
2) In the left page menu, click Settings.
3) Click Account settings along the top of the page.
4) Click the Auto-tagging section.
5) To enable auto-tagging, check the box next to “Tag the URL that people click through from my ad.”
6) Click Save.
- Google Call Extensions and Call-Only Ad Troubleshooting
- Call Tracking for Ad Extensions
- Google AdWords Integration for Call-Only Ads and Call Extensions
- Linking CTM with Google Analytics
- Google Number Disapproved or Not Verified
Browse by Topic
- Starter Kit
- Account Maintenance
- Account Users
- Advertising Agency and Reseller
- Affiliate Program
- Call Log
- Call Queues
- Call Routing
- Call Settings
- Dynamic Number Insertion
- Phone Systems
- Text Messaging
- Tracking Numbers
- Tracking Sources
Monday – Thursday
7:30am – 7:30pm, EST
7:30am – 5:30pm, EST