Excluding Branded Organic Searches
In some cases, you may want to prevent your google or bing organic tracking numbers from showing on your website when a visitor is coming through a branded search query.
The easiest way to exclude branded organic searches would be to use the negative match reffering URL option on the source set up page.
- To start, go to numbers → tracking sources and click the “add source” button in the upper right or if you already have google organic or bing organic listed in your sources, you can click edit next to one of them.
- Once on the source set up page, if this is a new source you are creating, choose either google organic or bing organic in the “quick source set up” dropdown box.
- Make sure the source type is “onsite” and scroll down to the Landing URL box and just below that you will see a small blue text / link that says “use negative match Landing url”.
- In that field, place the words you want excluded. Be sure to use the | between the groups of words, for example , if you want to exclude “Environmental Pest Controls”, you would need to put the following
That line will exclude “Environmental Pest Controls” and “pest” and “environmental pest”. The | is between each individual thing you wish to exclude and the + is in place of the space for more than one word.
Once you do this make sure you SAVE your tracking source
You would then want to do the same thing for other search engines where you want to exclude branded swapping.
- Tracking Source Positions
- Tracking Numbers and Email Campaigns
- Overview of Tracking Sources (Advertising Channels)
- First and Last Touch
- Social Media
Browse by Topic
- Starter Kit
- Account Maintenance
- Account Users
- Advertising Agency and Reseller
- Affiliate Program
- Call Log
- Call Queues
- Call Routing
- Call Settings
- Dynamic Number Insertion
- Phone Systems
- Text Messaging
- Tracking Numbers
- Tracking Sources
Monday – Thursday
7:30am – 7:30pm, EST
7:30am – 5:30pm, EST