Install CTM Tracking Code
Tracking Code and Dynamic Number Insertion
In order to track calls back to your online advertising campaigns, you will want to use CTM’s tracking code to dynamically display tracking numbers on your website.
The tracking code is a script that determines the advertising channel that led a visitor to your website and shows the tracking number that corresponds to that channel. Once the visitor calls your tracking numbers, the tracking code allows you to see the details of the visit as soon as the phone starts ringing.
This provides powerful in-the-moment information for your agents and is the data that populates your online advertising reports. The tracking code is unique to each account or account.
Install your Tracking Code
1. Go to Numbers → Tracking Code.
Note: You only have to add this code once to your website. The code will not need to be updated or re-installed if you modify your account (allocate new tracking numbers, modify account settings, etc.).
If your site is built on WordPress, you can use our WordPress plugin to install the tracking code.
For Advanced Tracking Script Options, please refer to our API Integration guide.
Test the Tracking Code on your Site
1. Open a New Private Window in your browser.
2. Visit your website from the channel you want to test. For example, to test a Google Adwords visitor, navigate to your websiteurl.com?gclid=test. For Google Organic, search for your website on Google and click the appropriate search result.
3. Once the website and script load, you should see the tracking number that you have set up to track that channel.
Set Your Cookie Duration
Another critical function of the CTM tracking is that it remembers your visitors in order to continue to show them the tracking number that they saw when they first came to the site. This allows the software to attribute the call back to the original visit so you know which ad was the one that first got their attention.
1. From the Tracking Code page, select “Cookie Settings” from the left hand menu.
2. Set the duration of days that visitors will be associated with the original Tracking Source. (By default, the system is set to 30 days. Setting the value to 0 will disable cookies).
3. Click ‘Update Settings’ to save your changes.
- Set Up Google Integrations
- Port Existing Numbers
- Configure Receiving Numbers
- Create Target Numbers
- Set Up Notifications
Browse by Topic
- Starter Kit
- Account Maintenance
- Account Users
- Advertising Agency and Reseller
- Affiliate Program
- Call Log
- Call Queues
- Call Routing
- Call Settings
- Dynamic Number Insertion
- Phone Systems
- Text Messaging
- Tracking Numbers
- Tracking Sources
Monday – Thursday
7:30am – 7:30pm, EST
7:30am – 5:30pm, EST