Post Call Customer Surveys
CallTrackingMetrics makes it easy to configure surveys using its Voice Menu technology. There are two ways callers can be presented with a post call survey:
- Your call queue automatically routes callers to the survey after the call or
- Your agents manually send callers there to the survey.
This article describes how to set this your survey.
1. Create your survey by creating a Voice Menu (Go to Numbers > Voice Menus).
2. Click “new voice menu” at the top right of the page.
3. Name your menu something that is recognizable to agents so if they are going to be choosing to send callers here manually, they will recognize this is the right one by name.
4. In the voice prompt area, type or record the initial greeting and question you want to ask your callers.
5. Decide whether you want to allow your agents to manually direct callers to the survey by toggling on or off the “Allow transfers” option.By checking the box, agents will be able to transfer callers to this survey when they are on the phone with them.
6. Choose how you want to tag calls that have been routed to this voice menu. Note that this overall tag does not necessarily mean the caller completed the survey, it will just indicate if they were presented with the survey.
7. Choose how you want to handle callers who do not enter anything in or enter the wrong digits in the “Input Error/ Handling” area.
8. The “Schedule Routing” area can be left at the default because you will most likely be controlling the use of this survey through your call queue configuration where callers will be directed to this survey after the call or agents will be manually sending them to the survey. However, if you do want to have a different action taken if people are sent to this survey after hours for example, you could set up that behavior here.
9. Because the survey is built using a Voice Menu, it is easy to create a series of questions that take different paths based on the responses provided. Click “add menu items” on the right side to add each of your keypress response options from the question you posed to callers in step #3 above. For each path taken, we would also recommend using a tag to indicate the response for each question.
See example below. In our survey, we are asking callers to rate our performance on a scale of 1 to 5. We will want different things to happen depending on their response and we will want to tag those calls differently.
Here is the action we want to take when callers are happy and enter a 1 (keypress of 1):
Here is the action we want to take when callers are unhappy and enter a 5 (keypress of 5):
And here is the action we want to take when we did ok (keypress of 3):
Note that if you would like any of your keypress entries to route to another question for callers, you will need to create another voice menu with the next question and set up this first voice menu to route to that second voice menu in the keypress action.
Notice as you are entering tags for each keypress, those tags can be used for pulling reporting on response rates to the survey.
10. If you want particular tracking numbers routing right to this survey, you can associate them in the “Numbers” area. Otherwise, if you plan to have agents sending callers to this survey manually or if your queue will route callers to the survey, you can skip this step.
Now that you have your voice menu created, you want to start sending callers to the survey.
Option 1: You can choose to have your call queue route to the voice menu automatically at the end of each call.
To do that, go to Call Queues (Numbers—-> Call Queues)
1. Click edit next to your existing queue or create a new queue.
2. Go to the “post call” area of the queue. You want to be careful to route callers to this survey — not your agents. In the “Caller Post Call Routing” option, choose to route callers to a voice menu and then choose the first voice menu in your survey.
Notice in my example, I am routing callers to my satisfaction survey and am routing agents to a survey they take asking them if a sale was made in the call.
Option 2: Agents can choose to transfer callers to the survey in the softphone at any point during the call.
To do so, agents should:
- Click “Transfer” in the softphone interface when on a call.
- Choose to transfer to a “Voice Menu”
- Select the survey from the voice menu dropdown.
Now, you can filter all of you calls and reporting using keypress or tags to assess how your team is doing in terms of sending people to the survey and helping them with their issues.
- Agent Routing Rules in Call Queues
- Queue Call Waiting (Hold and Waiting Messages)
- Creating Call Schedules
- Creating a Call Queue
- Post Call Survey
Browse by Topic
- Starter Kit
- Account Maintenance
- Account Users
- Advertising Agency and Reseller
- Affiliate Program
- Call Log
- Call Queues
- Call Routing
- Call Settings
- Dynamic Number Insertion
- Phone Systems
- Text Messaging
- Tracking Numbers
- Tracking Sources
Monday – Thursday
7:30am – 7:30pm, EST
7:30am – 5:30pm, EST