Google Call Extensions and Call-Only Ad Troubleshooting
If the nine steps have been followed and you’re still not seeing call data associated with the call, check to see if Google AdWords is tracking the calls. For a call to be counted as a conversion in AdWords Google requires some proof verifying that it was in fact, a Google paid call.
*We can only match campaign data to a call if Google and CTM are both tracking the call. This happens from a double forward, a Google forwarding number, forwarding to a CTM tracking number.
How to check the inside of AdWords to see if Google is tracking the calls:
- Inside of AdWords navigate to the Dimensions tab.
- Select Call details from the view tab
- Make sure that your time frame in CTM and AdWords are the same.
- If Google isn’t reporting any phone calls the campaign data won’t pass to CTM because Google is reporting no matches.
- If Google is reporting phone calls and CTM isn’t, that means that the call wasn’t using a CTM tracking number.
- If Google is reporting phone calls and CTM is but without campaign data, this means that the integration wasn’t setup properly. Commonly, this is because the script isn’t set to run hourly. If the script doesn’t run than Googles not passing us the visitor data.
Q) Why would CTM track a call from the source of call extension and Google AdWords wouldn’t?
A) Google forwarding numbers weren’t available at the time of the search. For campaign data to pass it has to be a double forward – Google forwarding number, forwarding to a CTM tracking number. More about Google forwarding numbers.
- Auto-Tagging for Google AdWords Call Tracking
- Call Tracking for Ad Extensions
- Google AdWords Integration for Call-Only Ads and Call Extensions
- Linking CTM with Google Analytics
- Google Number Disapproved or Not Verified
Browse by Topic
- Starter Kit
- Account Maintenance
- Account Users
- Advertising Agency and Reseller
- Affiliate Program
- Call Log
- Call Queues
- Call Routing
- Call Settings
- Dynamic Number Insertion
- Phone Systems
- Text Messaging
- Tracking Numbers
- Tracking Sources
Monday – Thursday
7:30am – 7:30pm, EST
7:30am – 5:30pm, EST