Using the Softphone on Your Mobile Device
If you use the CallTrackingMetrics softphone interface to make or answer calls, it is possible to configure the softphone to handle calls from your mobile device, VoIP phone, or landline phone. With this setup, the softphone pop-up in CTM is used to control the call (for transferring, making keypresses to navigate menus, etc.), but you can use a device other than your computer and headset.
1) Click the phone icon in the upper right of your CTM screen to launch the softphone.
2) Click the gear icon in the softphone pop-up.
3) In the new menu, toggle the browser phone off.
7) Enter your device number in the Your Phone Number field. This is the number for your cell phone, VoIP phone, or landline.
8) Click Update Your Phone Number.
Incoming calls that are routed to you will now ring on the number you entered rather than on the softphone on your computer. Calls will ring to your phone just like any other incoming call. To make outbound calls, you’ll need to use the softphone panel as a “remote control.
Making an Outbound Call
1) Log in to your account. If you’re using your cell phone, you may prefer to do this on your phone’s browser.
2) Click the phone icon in the bottom right to launch the softphone.
3) If you have more than one tracking number, use the drop-down to select a tracking number to appear as your outbound caller ID.
4) Use the softphone dial pad or paste a number, then click Call.
5) The system will dial your phone. When you accept the call, it will begin calling the number you entered.
6) Use the softphone window to make notes, transfer the call, etc. as needed.
- Softphone Beta
- Accepting Inbound Calls
- Outbound Dialing
- Pre-Recorded Outbound Voicemail Messages
- Auto Dialers
Browse by Topic
- Starter Kit
- Account Maintenance
- Account Users
- Advertising Agency and Reseller
- Affiliate Program
- Call Log
- Call Queues
- Call Routing
- Call Settings
- Dynamic Number Insertion
- Phone Systems
- Text Messaging
- Tracking Numbers
- Tracking Sources
Monday – Thursday
7:30am – 7:30pm, EST
7:30am – 5:30pm, EST