Integrating CallTrackingMetrics with Stripe
Stripe allows you to charge your customers directly for usage at marked up rates. Your agency credit card will be charged for all usage through your agency’s shared balance. Customer usage is sent to the Stripe plan the customer is linked to, and Stripe will charge the customer according to the markups you have applied. The Agency Dashboard will include revenue and cost figures to keep track of usage.
Setting up the Stripe integration involves four main steps:
- Link CallTrackingMetrics and Stripe
- Create a plan in Stripe
- Create a customer in Stripe
- Create a price markup in CTM and link it to your customer’s subaccount
The Stripe integration is only available for plans with the ability to create subaccounts.
1) Navigate to Settings → Integrations → Stripe.
2) Click Connect with Stripe.
3) You will be redirected to a Stripe page. From here you can create a new Stripe account and authorize access to CallTrackingMetrics, or you can sign in to your existing account first.
4) Click Authorize access to this account.
Create a Product in Stripe
You must create a product in your Stripe account that will be associated with your customer’s subscription.
1) In Stripe, click Billing and then Products in the left hand navigation.
2) Enter a product name, unit label (optional), and statement descriptor (optional).
3) Click Create product.
4) You will be prompted to create a pricing plan for your new product. Enter in your plan information. An amount is not required for the CTM integration, but if you wish to charge a regular service fee, for example, you can enter it here. If you do not wish to charge anything other than usage (including any markup) from CTM, set this to 0.
- Note on Interval: the interval you choose determines how often the customer is charged for their usage. If you choose monthly, they will be charged once per month for the previous month’s usage.
5) Click Add pricing plan.
Create a Customer in Stripe
You will need to create a customer profile in Stripe so that Stripe will have your customer’s payment information. This is the payment method that will be charged when the customer’s CTM usage is sent to Stripe. Each subaccount that you want to charge with Stripe will need their own customer profile in Stripe.
1) In Stripe, click Customers in the left hand navigation.
2) Click + New to add a new customer.
3) Enter in the customer’s email address and description.
4) Click Create customer.
5) This customer will now appear in your customers list. Click the customer’s email address in the list to view their details.
6) Here you will need to add a payment method for the customer. Click + Add card or + Add bank account to create a payment method.
7) Enter the payment details, then click Add card or Add bank account to save.
Create a Subscription in Stripe
Now that you have created both a product (with pricing plan) and a customer, you will create a subscription to link the customer you want to bill and the pricing plan you want them to have.
1) In Stripe, click Billing and then Subscriptions in the left hand navigation.
2) Click + New to create a plan.
3) Click + Select a customer and select the name of the customer you wish to add to this subscription.
4) Click + Add a product and select the name of the product/pricing plan you wish to use for this subscription.
5) Complete any additional settings you wish to use and set your billing method.
6) Click Start subscription.
Create and Apply Price Markups
Price markups are used to tell Stripe how much to charge the customer. In order for the Stripe integration to work, the subaccount you want to use with Stripe billing will need to be set to use agency shared billing in CTM.
1) Navigate to Settings → Price Markups.
2) Click New Price Markup in the upper right corner.
3) Enter in your preferred markup settings. Click here for more information on creating markups.
4) In the Billing Plan drop-down menu, select Usage-based Stripe billing.
5) In the Associate to Stripe Plan drop-down that appears, select the name of the plan you created in Stripe.
6) Click Save Changes.
Now, you will need to link your customer’s subaccount to the markup you have created. To do this:
7) Navigate to Settings → Accounts.
8) Find the subaccount in the list that you wish to move to Stripe billing.
9) In the Billing column, click the pencil icon to edit the subaccount’s billing type. The subaccount must be using agency shared billing in order for Stripe to work.
10) Click Assign price markup… to go to the Apply Price Markup page.
11) Use the Price schedule drop-down to select the markup you want to use for this customer.
12) Enter the Stripe Customer ID. (This can be found in the customer’s profile in Stripe. Go to Customers and click on the customer’s name in your list, and the customer ID will be listed at the top of their detail page.)
13) Click Apply Price Markup.
- Integrating CallTrackingMetrics with Unbounce
- Integrating CallTrackingMetrics with Bing Ads
- Integrating CallTrackingMetrics with Acquisio
- Integrating CallTrackingMetrics with Instapage
- Installing the Tracking Code for AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages)
Browse by Topic
- Starter Kit
- Account Maintenance
- Account Users
- Advertising Agency and Reseller
- Affiliate Program
- Call Log
- Call Queues
- Call Routing
- Call Settings
- Dynamic Number Insertion
- Phone Systems
- Text Messaging
- Tracking Numbers
- Tracking Sources
Monday – Thursday
7:30am – 7:30pm, EST
7:30am – 5:30pm, EST