Putting a Call on Hold
If you are using the CallTrackingMetrics softphone, calls can be placed on hold using the Hold button found in the softphone during an active call.
Putting a Caller on Hold
While you’re on a live call, click the Hold button. You will have the option to put the call on hold for everyone or to put it on hold just for you.
If you select “Hold for me,” the call will remain assigned to you and no one else can pick up the call.
When a call is placed on hold for everyone, the call/listen button in the call log will change to a flashing hold button. Any agent logged into the account can click this button to pick up the call. Clicking to pick up the call will open a pop-up prompt with options for how to answer the call from hold:
- Answer Call picks up the call on your softphone. A tone will play indicating you’re being connected to the call.
- Transfer to Agent sends the call to another available agent on their softphone.
- Transfer to Number sends the call to another number of your choosing (such as your own cell number, if you need to walk away from your computer while continuing the conversation).
- Transfer to Queue sends the call to a queue in your account.
Customizing Hold Music
If you wish to change the default audio that plays for callers who are on hold, navigate to Settings → Account Settings, then click or scroll to the section labeled Hold Music.
To select a different default hold music file, click the cloud icon in the Custom Hold Music field. In the pop-up that appears, click the System Recordings tab to view all available presets.
If you have a different file you’d rather use, follow the instructions here for managing your own audio files in the account.
- Auto Dialers
- Desk Mode
- Custom Softphone Settings
- Softphone Requirements
- Using the Softphone on Your Mobile Device
Browse by Topic
- Starter Kit
- Account Maintenance
- Account Users
- Advertising Agency and Reseller
- Affiliate Program
- Call Log
- Call Queues
- Call Routing
- Call Settings
- Dynamic Number Insertion
- Phone Systems
- Text Messaging
- Tracking Numbers
- Tracking Sources
Monday – Thursday
7:30am – 7:30pm, EST
7:30am – 5:30pm, EST