Founded 8 years ago, CallTrackingMetrics is a subscription software service with over 100,000 users in 90 different countries. As early creators in the SaaS/UCaaS space, our technology provides marketing attribution for businesses to track which ad campaigns drive phone calls, texts, form fills, and conversions. We are also the only company to offer call tracking combined with robust contact center tools all in one platform. This powerful combination enables organizations around the world to improve the ROI on their ad campaigns, drive more conversions, increase efficiencies, and automate their operations.
We are a fun, fast-growing team based in Severna Park, MD (conveniently located near Annapolis and Baltimore). Our company has been featured on the Inc 5000 list of fastest growing companies and ranked as a finalist in Baltimore Business Journal’s Best Places to Work.
We are looking for a UI Engineer to work closely with the Engineering and Product teams to refine CTM’s user experience strategy and optimize applications to create the best user experience. As a UI Engineer you should bring a passion for a clean, well-engineered front-end and have a willingness to help improve the team’s UI/UX best practices. The person in this role should be able to balance improving our customer’s experience using the platform with the needs of our business as it grows.
As a successful UI Engineer, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Planning and defining CTM’s user experience strategy to improve current and future iterations
- Assessing and optimizing the performance and design of new and existing features by actively participating in user research and analyzing performance metrics
- Designing graphic user interface elements (menus, tabs, widgets, page navigation buttons, search fields, etc.)
- Presenting recommendations to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identifying and troubleshooting UX problems
- Conducting layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Delivering designs that are user-friendly, aesthetically engaging, and produce results
Must Have Skills:
- 5+ years experience in software development/engineering
- A willingness to learn, and learn quickly
- A passion for software quality and curiosity
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with a web application framework (Rails, Django, etc…)
- Understanding of Web Services based architecture
Nice to Have Skills & Requirements:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Math, or other interesting analytic discipline
- Prior large-scale web-app experience
- Github/Bitbucket/Gitlab portfolio
- A strong passion for hacking on things
- Recent experience with Ruby on Rails
Our Application Stack:
- Ruby on Rails
- MySQL, PostgreSQL
You Can Learn More About Our Platform & Team Here:
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive Salary
- Quarterly bonuses with potential to earn 15% of salary
- Generous PTO policy and flexible work schedule
- 100% employer paid medical and dental coverage for employees; generous coverage for dependents, and vision benefits are available at a minimal cost
- Short-Term Disability is 100% employer paid, and Long-Term Disability is also offered
- 401K Plan with per-pay matching
- We also provide company-paid basic life insurance, with a voluntary buy-up option, as well as access to a wide range of health and well-being information and services such as telephonic counseling, legal advice, and will preparation — all free of cost to our team members and their families.
- Due to COVID-19, we are currently operating fully remote with a planned phased return to the office. Once we are back to our regular office schedule, our ideal candidate would be able to work from our Severna Park, MD office up to 3 days a week, with two company-scheduled remote days per week.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Affirmative Action