Director of Client Success
This position is located in our Severna Park, MD headquarters
The Director of Client Success will build, lead and scale a Client Success department, the team that will be responsible for CallTrackingMetrics clients throughout the post-sale customer lifecycle.
Responsibilities of this job include ensuring satisfaction of existing clients, growing client relationships, and developing a dynamic team. The position reports directly to the Chief Operations Officer.
Candidates should enjoy being a player/coach (at least to start) working directly with clients themselves, building their team, working collaboratively with other leaders and be analytical and strategic in their approach to the client engagement process.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop operational plan and vision for a Client Success team.
- Work with leadership to execute on the plan.
- Establish and manage team and individual performance goals and related success metrics to ensure superior performance and customer service.
- Develop, maintain and distribute reports to inform the organization and to maintain a continuous pulse on team and individual workload and performance.
- As team is built out, proactively coach and develop talent based on individual strengths, weaknesses and passions.
- Determine best ways to collect client feedback and disseminate throughout organization, particularly with product management team, to increase customer and success and satisfaction.
- Source, hire and develop talent as needed.
- Developing a process to ensure customers are achieving their objectives (and more!) in using the software and are delighted with the support they are receiving.
- Determine critical activities needed for each type of customer, including conducting kick-off calls, check ins and in-person meetings for priority clients/campaigns.
- As team is being built out, be the Account Manager for key accounts, building client relationships with decision makers and stakeholders.
- Serve as escalation point for the team, troubleshooting and reconciliation of client/campaign complaints and errors.
- Work with other functions such as Engineering and Tech Support, to ensure appropriate and timely reactions to customer inquiries.
- Determine best practices for integrating value added services into Client Success processes and manage team towards related revenue goals.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of, and serve as an expert for, CallTrackingMetrics product and Client Success team processes.
- Work with Marketing team to develop a flow of engaging content to be sent to customers at various stages in their lifecycle, while also developing timely updates to customers about new product and service offerings.
- Continuously garner client success stories and challenges and work with Marketing team to translate those into marketable assets.
- Occasionally travel locally and nationally to represent CTM at conferences and industry meetings.
- Occasionally travel to meet with clients onsite, particularly for key accounts.
Required Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5+ years proven experience managing a team
- 5+ years working in an advertising, marketing, telecommunications or SAAS business
- Experience guiding customers through software implementations
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally to achieve objectives
- Experience hiring, training and developing teams
- 2+ years managing accounts in Salesforce CRM
Candidates should also:
- Be exceptionally organized with solid and project management skills
- Be positive, supportive, and self-starting
- Demonstrate hustle and persistence
- Be curious and ask questions to get to the heart of the matter
- Have a strong interest in technology and/or software
- Be adaptable and energetic team player
- Have a willingness and desire to learn and grow quickly in a startup environment