Founded 7 years ago, CallTrackingMetrics is a subscription software service with over 100,000 users in 50 different countries. As early creators in the SaaS/UCaaS space, our technology provides marketing attribution for businesses to track which ad campaigns drive phone calls, texts, form fills, and conversions. We are also the only company to offer call tracking combined with robust contact center tools all in one platform. This powerful combination enables organizations around the world to improve the ROI on their ad campaigns, drive more conversions, increase efficiencies, and automate their operations.
We are a fun, fast-growing team of 40 people based in Severna Park, MD (conveniently located near Annapolis and Baltimore). Our company has been featured on the Inc 5000 list of fastest growing companies and ranked as a finalist in Baltimore Business Journal’s Best Places to Work.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Controller who is hands-on and results-driven to develop and manage our organization’s financial performance and direct our accounting operations. The Controller will serve a critical leadership role in our organization in maintaining positive revenue and financial growth, formulating sound financial strategies, maintaining proper internal controls, achieving organizational targets, and developing financial plans that support organizational strategy.
The ideal candidate should possess strong analytical skills, exceptional problem-solving skills, passion for details and accuracy, be highly organized, and be ready for hands-on financial work.
The Controller should maintain strong best practices in our accounting functions, be proactive with budget management, provide financial analysis and visibility of key health metrics, promote regulatory compliance, and help drive company profitability. The Controller will have the opportunity to own accounting operations for CallTrackingMetrics and operate as a partner to business leads as the function scales. This position is ideal for someone who thrives in a role where they get to build a department and processes in a thriving, growing business.
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field; CPA/MBA preferred
- Previous experience working as a Controller in the SaaS industry
- 7+ years of progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
- Public accounting background and a CPA are strongly preferred but not required
- Strong US GAAP knowledge
- Self-starter who has both long term strategic vision and is a hands on builder
- Understanding of general tax requirements and familiarity with state tax regulations
- Proven knowledge of budget forecasting
- Financial reporting experience
- Accounts Receivable (AR) experience and strong familiarity with Accounts Payable (AP)
- Able to build and deliver effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
- Develop the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives
- Maintain internal control environment and related documentation to ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures for general accounting operations
- Spearhead ongoing development and improvement of accounting and finance processes, ensuring you’re considering the bigger picture while operating in the details
- Collaborate with leadership team and partners to make efficient and effective firm-wide operation possible
- Maintain and enforce a documented system of accounting policies and procedures impacting the entire organization.
- Work closely with HR and other functional leaders to manage quarterly and annual variable compensation programs.
- Migrate organization from cash to accrual accounting.
- Develop budgets, tracking and approval process for all travel expenses and reconcile with the monthly credit card statement
- Develop a system to ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Own the accounts receivables process including issuing invoices to customers, ensuring that accounts receivable are collected promptly, developing new processes to streamline
- Conduct monthly reconciliations of bank accounts
- Manage reporting and payouts to affiliates referring business to CallTrackingMetrics
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
- Serve as an escalation point for billing questions and disputes and oversee processing of refunds, temporary lines of credit and courtesy credits
- Manage and respond to credit card disputes
- Work closely with functional leadership partners to help negotiate and track vendor contracts
- Manage and execute reporting and updating of pricing updates for customers based on their contracts
- Develop and maintain the customer contracting process working closely with commercial teams to develop templates, approval processes and tracking
- Oversee and execute contract renewal process for customers and ensure subsequent billings and appropriate revenue recognition
- Manage minimum commitment tracking and billing processes for volume customers
- Issue timely and complete financial statements; maintain general ledger
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Build budgets and coordinate monthly variance analysis with departmental leads
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Oversee contract value reporting of revenue in Salesforce to be used for customer engagement and commercial team commission payouts
- Serve as critical functional contributor to customer facing billing reporting enhancements in our application
- Develop, coordinate and assemble an external audit relationship and develop plans for revenue recognition and equity arrangements
- Manage the collection of sales taxes from customers and the remittance and reporting of them to the government using our 3rd party resource
- Working closely with tax accountants and compliance attorneys, comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings, regularly reviewing nexus requirements and ensuring we are registered and remitting in appropriate jurisdictions
- Other duties as assigned
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Salary
- Quarterly bonuses with potential to earn 15% of salary
- Generous PTO policy and flexible work schedule
- 100% employer paid medical and dental coverage for employees; generous coverage for dependents
- Additional benefits include vision, disability plans, parental leave, etc.
- 401K Plan with per-pay matching