Customer Support Engineer
This position is located in our Severna Park, MD headquarters
Do you like problem solving? Have experience working with software products? Do you enjoy interacting with people?
As a Customer Support Engineer, you will work with our users of our call tracking software on technical support issues as well as the engineers on our team to ensure the software is up to date and functioning optimally. This is a position where you will learn the inner workings of the CallTrackingMetrics’s technology, while also getting to work directly with our customers.
- Answer inbound customer phone calls/emails/chats to address questions about how to use software, how to set up software, and triage issues to engineers and subject matter experts on the team.
- Work with engineers on the team to address complicated technical issues for customers and communicate appropriate response to customer and monitor their progress to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Monitor performance of software and report any issues, bugs etc to engineers so that they can be addressed. Collaborate with them on the appropriate response so that the result meets the needs of customers.
- Update help documentation/tutorials on the website to address common questions/issues so customers can find answers in the future
- Stay abreast on new feature development, give input, and assist with the roll out of new features.
- Assist in the testing and QA of new features, designs and processes in advance of changes being made public.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Four year college degree (BA/BS).
- 2+ years of customer-facing technical support experience
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to translate technical issues into every day terms
- Strong communication skills that allow you to be a bridge between customers and the engineering team.
- Experience working in various software products and understanding how to test and trouble shoot functionality.
- Excellent organizational skills including the use of ticketing systems, issue tracking systems, and basics like, Google Docs, Gmail etc.
- Excellent written skills
- Technology is a passion of yours and you stay up to date on the latest in social media, technology blogs etc.
Bonus Points For:
- Experience in the telecommunications or marketing/advertising industry.
- Engineering/Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- Competitive Salary
- Yearly bonuses
- Generous PTO policy
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision Plan
- 401K Plan with Matching
- Dedicated time to learn
- Casual, fun working environment in a fast growing, dynamic start up.
Does the above sound like it might be you? Then we’d love to see what you might add to our team. Complete the form below and we will be in touch!