We are a fun, fast-growing team of 45 people based in Severna Park, MD (conveniently located near Annapolis and Baltimore). Our company has been featured on the Inc 5000 list of fastest growing companies and ranked as a finalist in Baltimore Business Journal’s Best Places to Work.
Are you looking for a position where you can showcase your drive and desire to grow, while working with your team members to constantly improve our products and achieve a better customer experience? If so, we want to talk to you!
We are looking for a Technical Writer with some product management experience to join our team. As a successful Technical Writer you’ll work collaboratively between product development, engineering, sales, and customer success to create technical specifications that communicate complex technical information to internal and external audiences in an easy to digest format. You’ll also work with the Director of Product Management to manage product/feature releases and ensure the technical documentation is ready for deployment of new products and features.
As a successful team member, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Serving as the knowledge base champion for the organization, you will develop and maintain clear organizational structure for articles in the Knowledge Base (KB) system
- Ensuring all articles are up to date with current screenshots, instructions, and path instructions
- Encouraging the support team and others to make article update requests and recommendations, and ensuring progress is consistently tracked (If there is an active stream of requests and overall engagement from the organization in the accuracy of the knowledge base–you’re doing your job)
- Having a radar for IDing changes you need to make to articles. This means actively participating in weekly release meetings and monitoring internal chat to determine articles that require Knowledge Base updates
- Adding updates to the knowledge base tracker and completing those updates in a timely manner for the deployment date
- Developing style guides for articles and ensuring the articles meet these guidelines
- Working with front end developers to keep the layout and functionality of the knowledge base current, functional and effectively surfacing content in the way customers need
- Partnering with sales, customer success, and engineering to translate business requirements to technical specifications for new features
- Ensuring timely product status updates and documentation to key stakeholders
Other day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Establishing list of requirements and important functionality for each new feature in the pipeline/backlog
- Maintaining specifications document for new features or enhancements
- Conducting QA testing to ensure completed feature matches established requirements before release
- Coordinating beta testing to ensure documentation matches the workflow for new products/features.
- Providing informational material for other teams (marketing, training, etc.), as needed
- Other duties may apply
- A bachelor’s degree in technology, information systems, or communications or related field preferred.
- 5 years experience as an effective technical writer in a SaaS company preferred. Product Management or Project Management experience is a plus
- Experience creating user guides, online help articles, reference material, and other forms of user assistance content for technical and non technical audiences
- Firm understanding of the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
- Strong working knowledge of documentation tools
- Skilled at resolving a wide range of issues in creative and practical ways
- Must demonstrate a high-level of accommodation and flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment of constant change; able to perform well under pressure and deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- The ideal candidate will be confident to work independently, but also a strong team player that is willing to help team members, including those outside their immediate team
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate with all levels of the organization effectively
What you get in return:
- Competitive Salary
- Eligible for quarterly bonuses with potential to earn up to 15% of salary
- Generous PTO policy and flexible work schedule
- 100% employer paid medical and dental coverage for employees; generous coverage for vision plans and dependents on medical and dental
- Additional benefits include Employer-paid short and long-term disability, parental leave, etc.
- 401K Plan with per-pay employer matching
- Casual, fun working environment in a fast growing, dynamic start up
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Affirmative Action