UI Front End Developer
This position is located in our Severna Park, MD headquarters
CallTrackingMetrics is a fast-growing software and telecommunications company based outside of Annapolis, Maryland. Founded 5 years ago, CallTrackingMetrics provides a software service to help businesses around the world manage their phone calls and advertising campaigns. We work with over 30,000 companies in 30 different countries. You can learn more about us here: https://www.calltrackingmetrics.com
In addition to being named on the Inc 5000 list 3 years in a row, we are proud to have built a strong culture of innovation, learning, and transparency.
We are looking for an experienced Front End Developer to join our team who will enhance CallTrackingMetrics’ marketing site and customer application through a combination of engineering and UI skills.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Manage updates to the application UI and marketing website
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- 5+ years experience working in PHP/Wordpress
- Experience using HubSpot or similar automation platform, preferred
- Working knowledge of SEO best practices
- 5 years of experience in HTML, CSS, JS
- Experience building mobile responsive sites
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- Experience with Bootstrap
- Be primary point person for implementing updates to the content and design of the marketing website, working closely with in-house designers, content writers, and other engineers
- Manage accessibility and permissions in WordPress, and help coach/train non-technical users to ensure they are able to make routine updates
- Maintain the WordPress user guide and keep it current with latest shortcodes, etc.
- Become the ‘go to’ resource for WordPress questions
- Keep WordPress up to date with latest versions, security enhancements, plugins, etc.
- Ensure mobile optimization of new site and page load/speed optimization—including AMP
- Work with marketing team to implement dynamic and interactive content needed on the marketing site
- Implement landing pages for PPC campaigns, call extensions, and remarketing ensuring correct attribution tracking is in place between systems
- Work with Content Manager to monitor and maintain SEO efforts for CallTrackingMetrics website including core keyword list, content hierarchy, internal linking protocols, meta data protocols etc.
- Maintain and enhance CallTrackingMetrics WordPress plugins
- Work with the internal product teams to maintain an engaging and effective UI for the CallTrackingMetrics software application.
- Become an expert in CallTrackingMetrics software and use cases and lead the charge on identifying and executing UI updates to make the software easier to use and engage with.
- Participate in cross functional conversations each week to identify UI updates needed to reflect new features, updates and evolving customer need.
- Participate in development planning conversations to stay abreast of what features are coming, discuss what’s needed from front end perspective, and be in the loop to ensure front end components are in place.
- Work closely with technical writer to ensure documentation, tooltips and guided tours are reflected in the UI and driving the right behavior.
- Regularly review analytics showing customer usage/adoption of software to identify UI updates needed to improve adoption and engagement.
- Competitive Salary
- Quarterly and end of year bonuses with potential to earn up to 20% of salary
- Generous PTO policy- Healthcare, Dental and Vision Plan
- 401K Plan with Matching
- Dedicated time to learn
- Casual, fun working environment in a fast growing, dynamic start up
If this sounds like you, we’d enjoy the opportunity to talk further!