Text Message Routing for Agent Notifications
Provide your agents with the ability to respond to incoming text messages immediately. With our new text routing feature it’s easy to notify agents real-time of incoming text messages (directly within their softphone).
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A tracking number that is eligible to receive text messages
- Queue with agents assigned, who will be receiving the texts (you may use the same queue your using for phone calls)
- User license assigned to each agent in the above queue who should receive text notifications
To get started:
Go to Numbers > Tracking Numbers
Then, in the Text Routing section take the following steps
- Text message enabled = ON
- How would you like to route your texts? = Select Queue from drop down list
- Select the Queue to be used for routing
- Notify available agents = make sure this box is checked
Max hold time is 500 seconds, once this time has elapsed without any interaction the text message will be automatically closed.
Seconds to answer is 500, each agent will have this amount of time to respond to the text message.
Here’s what an incoming text message will look like for an agent. Notice the prompt at the bottom of the softphone, agents will also hear an audio cue.
Once the text message is answered, agents will be able to communicate directly from the softphone with the customer.