Click to Call Form (FormReactor)
CallTrackingMetrics’ FormReactor utilizes click-to-call form technology that can automatically connect your agents to new form leads.
FormReactor submissions are an additional channel that reports in the activity log connecting the form submission details, website session, and campaign data to the contact. Form submissions can be set based on routing rules which automatically route to Agents, Queues, Receiving numbers, added to Smart Dialers, and Geo Routers, or you can choose to simply log the activity.
Form submissions are distinguishable by the form icon in the log. You can also use the log filter to display only form entries.
form submission icon
Basic FormReactor Setup
1. Navigate to Flows → FormReactors. If you already have a form in your account, click New FormReactor in the upper right corner to create a new form.
2. Enter a name for your form. This will not display on the form itself, but will be used to help you identify the form in your account.
3. Use the Basic Setup section to enable or disable form fields, rename fields, and choose which fields will be required to submit your form. By default, the basic Name, Phone Number, and Email fields will be included in your form and set as required fields.
4. As you make changes to the form, use the Reset Form button above the form preview to see how your form will look when embedded on your website.
5. Choose whether you prefer to have FormReactor validate customer information while it is being entered or only when the form is submitted (for example, making sure a telephone number is entered in the phone number field).
6. Choose how frequently someone can submit this form. By default, the same person can fill out the form every 30 minutes.
7. Click Save Changes.
If you wish to collect additional information with your form, you may add custom fields as needed. The following field formats are available:
- Text: a basic text field (single line)
- Text Area: a large text field (paragraph)
- Number: a numerical value field; includes up and down arrows to increase/decrease the number entered
- Date: a calendar picker to select a date
- Decimal: a numerical field that allows a decimal (tens place only)
- Email: accepts input in the form of an email address
- Website: accepts input in the form of a website address
- Picker: creates a drop-down menu to allow selection from the options you provide (only one option may be selected)
- Choice List: creates a checklist of the options you provide (more than one option may be selected)
- Information: adds text to display to the customer (not a field that can be submitted)
- CAPTCHA: adds a CAPTCHA field to your form to prevent spam form submissions
To create custom fields for your form:
1. Click Add Custom Field.
2. Use the drop-down to select the field type you wish to create.
3. Enter a name for the field.
4. If needed, provide additional information (such as options to select from a list).
5. Choose any custom options you wish to apply to the field, including whether the field is required, whether to apply a tag to the FormReactor submission in your Activity Log, and the width of the field.
6. Click Save Changes. Repeat as needed for any fields you need to create.
If you wish to customize the appearance of your FormReactor, use the options provided in the Custom Styles section to adjust the form style, color scheme, and text alignment.
For advanced customization your company’s development team can use the Custom CSS field to apply your own custom markup. Note: In order to troubleshoot any issues with the Custom Styles please contact your company’s development team.
The settings under User Flow determine what the user will see after your form has been submitted. In this section, you can customize the text that appears when a form has been submitted (and when a form fails to submit), or you may choose to redirect the user to a new page when a form has been submitted.
Because of the way form entries are logged, each FormReactor must be associated with a tracking number in your account. You may wish to purchase a number to use only for FormReactors.
1. Choose the tracking number you wish to associate with this form.
2. Select whether you wish to dynamically associate a tracking number to this form. When this setting is enabled, the tracking number associated to the appropriate tracking source for the form entry will be displayed with the form entry in your activity log. If no session data is available, or the data provided doesn’t match a source that you have in your account, the default number you select will be used.
FormReactors can be used as click-to-call forms that will start a phone call when the form is submitted, or you may choose to only log the data that was submitted through the form entry.
If you wish to log entires only, use the drop-down to select “log form entries only.”
If you wish to create a click-to-call form that dials the agent first:
1. Use the drop-down to select “dial the agent first.”
2. Choose whether the call should ring to a phone number, a call queue, an agent, or add the caller to an smart dialers (if available).
3. Depending on the route action you selected, you may need to configure settings for agent prompts and after-hours routing.
4. Click Save Changes.
The text messaging option for FormReactor allows you to send a follow-up text to the customer after they have submitted a form.
1. Enable text message replies by clicking the toggle labeled “Send follow-up text message.”
2. Set the delay between the form submission and when the text message will be sent.
3. Enter the message you would like to send to the customer.
4. Click Save Text Message Settings.
Once you have customized all your form features, you may choose from one of the following options to implement the FormReactor on your website:
- Widget (easy setup) — recommended
- Auto-Capture Form (moderate setup)
- Manual-Tracking Form (moderate/advanced setup)
- REST API Form Submission (advanced setup)
For best results, we recommend using the provided widget code.
To install FormReactor on your website:
1. Following the instructions for the option you selected, copy and paste the provided code into your website editor.
2. Ensure the CallTrackingMetrics tracking code is installed on your website.