Integrating CallTrackingMetrics with Hubspot
The CallTrackingMetrics integration with HubSpot allows you to create a new contact in HubSpot for each unique caller in your CallTrackingMetrics account. This includes all the valuable session information associated with the call, text, chats, or form. With this data you will have an holistic view of your leads plus can manage call conversions in HubSpot.
- Map your CTM users to users in Hubspot
- Create triggers to create or update objects in Hubspot based on custom field mappings
- Fire triggers in CTM based on if a record is found in Hubspot
- Automatically associate a Contact with a Company or a Deal in Hubspot
- A HubSpot plan with API access is required for this integration.
- The Hubspot integration is not available on all CTM plans. Click here to learn if your plan supports this integration and to learn how to upgrade.
HubSpot requires all contacts to have an email address. CallTrackingMetrics will attempt to capture email addresses when premium caller ID is enabled. Not all contacts will have a matching email address in the premium caller ID database. When an email address is not found in the premium caller ID database. If the email address is entered manually the integration will automatically create an email address for the contact.When the integration creates an email address, it is constructed with the caller’s phone number and hubspot.com (ex: email@example.com).
Connecting CTM to Hubspot
- Navigate to Settings → Integrations → Hubspot.
- Enter your Hubspot ID and click Connect to Hubspot.
- Scroll to the Default Record Ownership section of the integration page.
Once your accounts have been linked, map the users in your CTM account to the corresponding users in your Hubspot account.
- From the Hubspot setup page, scroll to the → Agent Mapping.
- This section will populate with the list of users detected in the Hubspot account. Select an agent drop-down menu and apply the corresponding CTM user name for each member you would like to map between accounts.
- Select → Save Mappings.
Field Mappings are used to determine what data from your CallTrackingMetrics account will appear in your Hubspot account. You can apply mappings for any Hubspot object type (such as a Lead or Contact), then use triggers to specify when those mapped fields are updated.
- Next go to the → Hubspot setup page, scroll to the Field Mappings section.
- Select → Add Mapping.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the type of object to create a mapping for (Contact, Company, or Deal).
- Click Untitled Mapping at the top of this list and Enter a Name for the mapping. Note: use a name that gives you an idea of what fields have been mapped to which makes the trigger setup easier.
- For each Hubspot field you map, use the drop-down menu to select the corresponding CTM field. Choose a default value for each mapped field and select if new data will overwrite existing values in Hubspot.
Existing mappings will be displayed in the Saved Mappings tab. You may edit or delete them from this view at any time.
When you have created the mappings for the fields that were updated in Hubspot, create one or more triggers to specify when that data should be updated. Click here to learn more about triggers.
- Navigate to Flows → Triggers and click New Trigger.
- Enter a name for your trigger.
- Use the drop-down menu to select when the trigger should run. Using Hubspot, we recommend running triggers at the end of a call. This will ensure all the data associated with the call was collected and sent to Hubspot.
- Select to have the trigger run for all activities or assign specific tracking numbers to this trigger.
- Click → +Add Workflow.
- Select the rules that should apply to the trigger. You may wish to set rules for calls over a certain duration. There is an option to only have a trigger run for first-time contacts.
- Select to → Add Action and select Hubspot Record Sync.
- Using the Entity Mapping, select the name of the mapping you wish to use with this trigger.
- Select whether you would like to only add new records, only update existing records, or both (Insert Only, Update Only, or Update or Insert).
- Check the applicable boxes to associate the contact with the activity. Then set a record owner (other than the default).
- Save Changes