Integrating CallTrackingMetrics with Hubspot
Home › Support Hub › Integrations › Integrating CallTrackingMetrics with Hubspot
The CallTrackingMetrics integration with HubSpot allows you to create a new contact in HubSpot for each unique caller in your CallTrackingMetrics account, including all the valuable session information associated with the call, text, or form. With this data, you can holistically view your leads and manage call conversions in HubSpot.
- Map your CTM users to users in Hubspot
- Create triggers to create or update objects in Hubspot based on custom field mappings
- Fire triggers in CTM based on whether a record is found in Hubspot
- Automatically associate a Contact with a Company or a Deal in Hubspot
- A HubSpot plan with API access is required to use this integration.
- The Hubspot integration is not available on all CTM plans. Click here to learn whether your plan supports this integration and to learn how to upgrade.
HubSpot requires all contacts to have a email address. CallTrackingMetrics will attempt to capture email addresses when premium caller ID is enabled, but not all contacts will have a matching email address in the premium caller ID database. When an email address is not found via premium caller ID or is not entered manually, the integration will automatically create an email address for the contact.
Connecting CTM to Hubspot
- Navigate to Settings → Integrations → Hubspot.
- Enter your Hubspot ID and click Connect to Hubspot.
- Scroll to the Default Record Ownership section of the integration page and select the default owner you wish to use for records created or updated by the integration. You may choose a specific user, or you may choose to have the record assigned to the agent who answered the call.
Once your accounts have been linked, you may map users in your CTM account to the corresponding users in your Hubspot account.
- From the Hubspot setup page, click or scroll to the Agent Mapping section.
- This section will populate with the list of users detected in your Hubspot account. Click the Select an agent drop-down and select the corresponding CTM user name for each user you would like to map between accounts.
- Click Save Mappings.
Field Mappings are used to determine what data from your CallTrackingMetrics account will appear in your Hubspot account and where. You can create mappings for any Hubspot object type (such as a Lead or Contact), then use triggers to specify when those mapped fields will be updated.
- From the Hubspot setup page, click or scroll to the Field Mappings section.
- Click Add Mapping.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the type of object you’d like to create a mapping for (Contact, Company, or Deal).
- Click Untitled Mapping at the top of this list and enter a name for this mapping. It is helpful to use a name that gives you an idea of what fields have been mapped to make trigger setup easier later on.
- For each Hubspot field you wish to map, use the drop-down menu to select the corresponding CTM field. You may also choose a default value for each mapped field and select whether new data will overwrite existing values in Hubspot.
- Click Save Mappings.
Existing mappings will be displayed in the Saved Mappings tab. You may edit or delete them from this view at any time.
When you have created the mappings for the fields you wish to update in Hubspot, you will need to create one or more triggers to specify when that data will be updated. Click here to learn more about triggers.
- Navigate to Calls → Triggers and click New Trigger.
- Enter a name for your trigger.
- Use the drop-down menu to select when you would like this trigger to run. For Hubspot, we recommend running triggers at the end of a call to ensure all the data associated with the call has been collected and can be sent to Hubspot.
- Select to have the trigger run for all activities or assign specific traffic numbers to this trigger.
- Click +Add Workflow.
- Select the rules that should apply to this trigger. You may wish to set rules for calls over a certain duration, or to only have a trigger run for first-time contacts.
- Click Add Action and select Hubspot Record Sync.
- Under Entity Mapping, select the name of the mapping you wish to use with this trigger.
- Select whether you would like to only add new records, only update existing records, or both (Insert Only, Update Only, or Update or Insert).
- Check the applicable boxes if you would like to associate the contact to the activity and if you would like to set a record owner (other than the default).
- Click Save Changes.