Integrating CallTrackingMetrics with Microsoft Dynamics
The Microsoft Dynamics integration allows you to send call data from your CallTrackingMetrics account into Dynamics to create or update any object type in Dynamics which include leads, contacts, and custom objects. The integration allows you to:
- Assign your Dynamics campaigns to your CTM tracking sources
- Map your CTM users to users in Microsoft Dynamics
- Create triggers to update objects in Dynamics based on custom field mappings
- Send triggers in CTM based on if a record is found in Dynamics
This integration is available to contact center plans only. Click here to learn how to check or upgrade your current subscription.
The Administrator to the account using the link to Microsoft Dynamics must have administrator access.
Connecting CTM to Microsoft Dynamics
- Navigate to Settings → Integrations → Microsoft Dynamics.
- Enter your API domain in the field provided (ex: mydomain.crm.dynamics.com) and select Connect to Microsoft Dynamics (https:// will automatically be addded).
- Select the Microsoft account you would like to use (this account must be an administrator in Microsoft Dynamics).
- Check the box to allow permissions and Accept.
- Scroll to the Default Lead Ownership section and select the default owner you wish to use for leads created. You can select a specific user or choose to have the lead assigned to the agent that answered the call.
Once the accounts is linked, map users to the CTM account with the Dynamics account.
- From the Microsoft Dynamics setup page, scroll to the Agent Mapping section.
- This section will populate with the list of users detected in the Microsoft Dynamics account. Select an agent within the drop-down menu and select the corresponding CTM user name that you would like to map between accounts.
- Save Mappings.
Field Mappings are used to determine what data from your CallTrackingMetrics account will appear in your Microsoft Dynamics account. You can create mappings for any Dynamics object type (such as a Lead or Contact) and use triggers to specify when the mapped fields will be updated.
- Got to → Microsoft Dynamics setup page and scroll to the Field Mappings section.
- Select → Add Mapping.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the type of object (such as a Lead).
- For each Dynamics field use the drop-down menu to select the corresponding CTM field. You can choose a default value for each mapped field. There is also the ability to select whether new data will overwrite existing values in Dynamics.
First Name and Last Name are required fields for Leads in Dynamics. Make sure you always have both of these mapped.
- Click Untitled Mapping at the top of this list and Enter a Name for the mapping. Note: use a name that gives you an idea of what fields have been mapped to which makes the trigger setup easier.
- Save Mappings.
Existing mappings will be displayed in the Saved Mappings tab. You may edit or delete them any time.
When you have created the mappings for the fields you wish to update in Microsoft Dynamics, you will need to create one or more triggers to specify when that data will be updated. Click here to learn more about triggers.
- Navigate to Flows → Triggers and select New Trigger.
- Enter a name for your trigger.
- Use the drop-down menu to select when you would like this trigger to run. For Dynamics, you can run a trigger at the start of a call, at the end of a call, or when contact information is manually updated.
- Select to have the trigger run for all activities or assign specific target numbers for the trigger.
- Click +Add Workflow.
- Select the rules that should apply to the trigger. You may wish to set rules for calls over a certain duration. There is an option to only have a trigger run for first-time contacts.
- Next → Add Action and select MS Dynamics Record Sync.
- Under Entity Mapping section, select the name of the mapping for the trigger.
- The option is available to only add new records, only update existing records, or both (Insert Only, Update Only, Update, or Insert).
- Check the applicable boxes that are associated the contact to the activity along with setting a record owner (other than the default).
- Save Changes.
Linking Dynamics Campaigns to Tracking Sources
Once the integration is activated, choose to link your CallTrackingMetrics tracking source to your Microsoft Dynamics campaigns. (This step is not required for the integration to work.)
- Navigate to Numbers → Tracking Sources.
- In the list of tracking sources, locate the source you wish to link to one of your Dynamics campaigns and → Assign Campaign.
- In the pop-up, use the drop-down to select the campaign you wish to link to the source → Save.
- The name of the linked campaign will appear below the name of the tracking source that was listed. You may edit or remove the linked campaign at any time.