Integrating CallTrackingMetrics with Microsoft Dynamics
The Microsoft Dynamics integration allows you to send call data from your CallTrackingMetrics account into Dynamics to create or update any object type in Dynamics, including leads, contacts, and custom objects. The integration allows you to:
- Assign your Dynamics campaigns to your CTM tracking sources
- Map your CTM users to users in Microsoft Dynamics
- Create triggers to create or update objects in Dynamics based on custom field mappings
- Fire triggers in CTM based on whether a record is found in Dynamics
This integration is available to contact center plans only. Click here to learn how to check or upgrade your current subscription.
The account used to link to Microsoft Dynamics must have administrator access to your Microsoft Dynamics account.
Connecting CTM to Microsoft Dynamics
- Navigate to Settings → Integrations → Microsoft Dynamics.
- Enter your API domain in the field provided (ex: mydomain.crm.dynamics.com) and click Connect to Microsoft Dynamics (https:// will be added automatically, so there is no need to enter it here).
- Select the Microsoft account you would like to use (this account must be an administrator in Microsoft Dynamics), check the box to allow permissions, and click Accept.
- Scroll to the Default Lead Ownership section of the integration page and select the default owner you wish to use for leads created or updated by the integration. You may choose a specific user, or you may choose to have the lead assigned to the agent who answered the call.
Once your accounts have been linked, you may map users in your CTM account to the corresponding users in your Dynamics account.
- From the Microsoft Dynamics setup page, click or scroll to the Agent Mapping section.
- This section will populate with the list of users detected in your Microsoft Dynamics account. Click the Select an agent drop-down and select the corresponding CTM user name for each user you would like to map between accounts.
- Click Save Mappings.
Field Mappings are used to determine what data from your CallTrackingMetrics account will appear in your Microsoft Dynamics account and where. You can create mappings for any Dynamics object type (such as a Lead or Contact), then use triggers to specify when those mapped fields will be updated.
- From the Microsoft Dynamics setup page, click or scroll to the Field Mappings section.
- Click Add Mapping.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the type of object you’d like to create a mapping for (such as a Lead).
- For each Dynamics field you wish to map, use the drop-down menu to select the corresponding CTM field. You may also choose a default value for each mapped field and select whether new data will overwrite existing values in Dynamics.
First Name and Last Name are required fields for Leads in Dynamics. Make sure you always have both of these mapped.
- Click Untitled Mapping at the top of this list and enter a name for this mapping. It is helpful to use a name that gives you an idea of what fields have been mapped to make trigger setup easier later on.
- Click Save Mappings.
Existing mappings will be displayed in the Saved Mappings tab. You may edit or delete them from this view at any time.
When you have created the mappings for the fields you wish to update in Microsoft Dynamics, you will need to create one or more triggers to specify when that data will be updated. Click here to learn more about triggers.
- Navigate to Calls → Triggers and click New Trigger.
- Enter a name for your trigger.
- Use the drop-down menu to select when you would like this trigger to run. For Dynamics, you may wish to run a trigger at the start of a call, at the end of a call, or when contact information is manually updated.
- Select to have the trigger run for all activities or assign specific traffic numbers to this trigger.
- Click +Add Workflow.
- Select the rules that should apply to this trigger. You may wish to set rules for calls over a certain duration, or to only have a trigger run for first-time contacts.
- Click Add Action and select MS Dynamics Record Sync.
- Under Entity Mapping, select the name of the mapping you wish to use with this trigger.
- Select whether you would like to only add new records, only update existing records, or both (Insert Only, Update Only, or Update or Insert).
- Check the applicable boxes if you would like to associate the contact to the activity and if you would like to set a record owner (other than the default).
- Click Save Changes.
Linking Dynamics Campaigns to Tracking Sources
Once the integration is activated, you may choose to link your CallTrackingMetrics tracking source to your Microsoft Dynamics campaigns. (This step is not required for the integration to work.)
- Navigate to Numbers → Tracking Sources.
- In the list of tracking sources, locate the source you wish to link to one of your Dynamics campaigns and click assign campaign.
- In the pop-up that appears, use the drop-down to select the campaign you wish to link to this source and click Save.
- The name of the linked campaign will now appear below the name of the tracking source in this list. You may edit or remove the linked campaign at any time.