Associating CTM Agents to Salesforce Users
Home › Support Hub › Integrations › Salesforce › Associating CTM Agents to Salesforce Users
Once you have linked your CallTrackingMetrics account to Salesforce, you can associate your CTM agents to users in Salesforce so that any time the agent receives a phone call, their Salesforce user is assigned to that record. This is especially helpful so that as agents take calls, they can immediately see the caller as a lead associated to them in Salesforce and update the record during or after the call.
The connection between a CallTrackingMetrics agent and Salesforce user only happens when the call is routed directly to an agent (not a receiving number) or if the call is routed to a queue of agents.
Linking Agents to Users
- Navigate to Settings → Users.
- Find the name of the agent you wish to link to a Salesforce user and click edit next to their name.
- Use the left-hand navigation or scroll down to the Agent Profile section.
- Click to open the Salesforce Agent drop-down, then begin typing the agent’s Salesforce username and click the correct name when it appears.
- Click Save Changes.
Default Lead Owner
Some call records—such as missed calls or form submissions—do not automatically have an assigned agent. You will need to set a default lead owner in order for these records to be associated to a user in your Salesforce account.
To set the default lead owner:
- Navigate to Settings → Integrations → Salesforce, then click or scroll down to the Default Lead Owner section.
- Use the Lead Owner Type drop-down to select how you wish the default lead owner to be assigned:
- Default uses the Salesforce user that set up the integration
- User allows you to select a specific user
- Queue allows you to select from one of your existing queues of users
- If you selected User or Queue, use the next drop-down menu to select the user or queue.
- Click Update Default Owner to save your changes.