Assigning Salesforce Campaigns to Tracking Sources
This article covers detailed information regarding the Salesforce integration. We recommend you start by following the instructions in this article before proceeding.
Assigning Salesforce campaigns to your tracking sources in CallTrackingMetrics allows you to link activities associated with a tracking source to a specific campaign in your Salesforce account. You will need to enable the Salesforce integration in your account before you can assign campaigns to your tracking sources.
There are two methods of assigning campaigns to tracking sources:
- We can automatically create new campaigns in Salesforce for each of your tracking sources
- You can manually link your existing campaigns with your tracking sources
Automatically Creating Campaigns
- Navigate to Settings → Integrations → Salesforce.
- Use the left-hand navigation or scroll down to the Associate Campaigns section of the settings page.
- Click Associate Campaigns to automatically generate new campaigns in Salesforce based on the existing tracking sources in your account. The new campaigns will have the prefix “CTM” followed by the tracking source name so that you can easily identify them.
Manually Linking Campaigns
- Navigate to Numbers → Tracking Sources.
- Each tracking source in your account that has not already been linked to a Salesforce campaign will have displayed below the source name and description. Click assign campaign and select the campaign you wish to link to from the drop-down that appears.
- Click Save.
- Once a campaign has been assigned, the campaign ID will be displayed below the source name and description.
Unlinking or Reassigning Campaigns
- Navigate to Numbers → Tracking Sources and locate the tracking source you wish to update.
- Click the pencil icon next to the campaign ID.
- In the pop-up window that appears, use the drop-down to select a different campaign. If you wish to remove the campaign from the tracking source, click the x in the drop-down menu.
- Click Save.