In order for our tracking script to recognize visitors from Google AdWords paid campaigns, you’ll need to ensure that auto-tagging is enabled in Google AdWords. Follow the steps below to enable auto-tagging in your Google AdWords account.
1) Log into your Google AdWords account and click the settings gear.
2) Click on Account Settings in the drop-down menu.
3) Select the Preferences tab.
4) The Tracking section on this page will indicate whether auto-tagging is enabled. If it is currently not enabled, click Edit.
5) Check the box labeled Destination URL Auto-tagging.
6) Click Save changes.
Enabling Auto-tagging (New AdWords Interface)
1) Sign in to your AdWords account.
2) In the left page menu, click Settings.
3) Click Account settings along the top of the page.
4) Click the Auto-tagging section.
5) To enable auto-tagging, check the box next to “Tag the URL that people click through from my ad.”