Configure Call Settings
The Call Settings area is where you go to configure some global settings for your calls. Anything not having to do with routing or source tracking (such as call recording, transcription, announcement messages, and caller ID options) is likely configured in call settings.
- Set up
- Call Recordings
- Announcement Message
- Caller ID
- Spam Detective
- Agent Whisper Message
- Auto Text Response
- Emergency Override
- Default Text to Speech
- Tracking Numbers
Configure Your Call Settings
1. Go to Numbers → Call Settings
- From here, you can edit an existing configuration or create a new one by going to the “New Call Settings” button on the upper right. If you are just setting up your account, we recommend starting by clicking “Edit” next to the Account Level configuration and get that set up the way you want it. You can always add additional configurations later.
2. Enter a Name so you know what this configuration is for.
3. You can also add a Description for your own reference.
4. Play Message: This is the message you want callers to hear when they call your tracking number. This is often used to announce call recording to your callers.
- Type in your message in the text box and choose which voice you want to read it.
- If you want to record a custom message on the spot, you can click the microphone and make a recording right from your computer or we can call a phone number you choose.
- Click the cloud button to upload a recording or choose a recording previously uploaded.
5. Click Save Changes
You can make a professional voice recording by using our partner Voice Bunny, then upload the recording.
6. Set Call Recording options:
7. Click Save and Edit.
8. Set Caller ID options: This is the information you want to see about your caller.
Select from the following options:
- Toggle Basic Caller ID: Basic Caller ID provides the name and phone number on record for the caller. If this is off we will not get the caller ID in the call log.
- Toggle Enhanced Caller ID: This feature incurs an additional fee.
Choose to look up the name, address, and gender of the caller using our enhanced caller ID lookup service. This feature is only available in the U.S. and Canada. You are only charged for the first time if we find a match for the caller.
- Show Tracking number as Caller ID: This feature will show the tracking number in place of the caller ID for incoming phone calls.
- Use national format when forwarding caller ID: Instead of forwarding as +1-555-555-5555, use 555-555-5555.
9. Click Save Changes.
10. Set Spam Detective option: Identifies if a caller looks spammy or like a robo-dialer and takes specified actions if flagged.
Select and Save your options:
- Enable Spam Detective: This feature is a great way to remove distraction for your agents and classify telemarketers automatically. Choose the action you want taken if a caller is identified as spam, such as route directly to a voice menu where the caller needs to enter keypresses to continue (this will eliminate calls from robo-dialers).
11. Set Agent Whisper Message options: Configure if you want your receiving agents to hear a message when they answer the phone. There are two types:
- Account Level Whisper: The same announcement is played to receiving agents irrespective of the tracking number the caller dialed. Example “This is marketing call.”
- Source Announcement Whisper: Plays a message specific to the tracking number dialed, such as “New call from Google Organic.”
- Play Beep after receiving whisper: This will play a beep after the whisper to the agent as notification that the caller is now on the line.
If you have a voice mail or an IVR on your receiving number, we will play this message as soon as the call connects. If you have trouble with the whisper, you may need to configure a delay on the message.
- Announcement Whisper Hours : Control what time of day you want to play the Whisper. This is useful if you have a voicemail that picks up immediately durring after hours
- Whisper Timing:
- Skip Receiving whisper: If the caller has waited longer then the given time do not play the whisper but connect the call immediately.
- Delay Receiving Whisper: Some IVR Systems have a connection delay that will cause the operator to miss the whisper. Use this to add an additional delay before the whisper is played.
- Announcement whisper max active calls: If you have a limited number of agents receiving calls and have a voicemail system that picks up immediately, you can skip the whisper when more than the given number of phone calls are active.
12. Click Save Changes.
13. Set Auto Text Response options: You can toggle this option to automatically send an engagement text to the caller. You can define the text message to be sent once you enable this option.
14. Emergency Override: Toggle this option if you need to re-route calls for all assigned Tracking Numbers to a different Receiving Number. You can assign the Receiving Number when you enable this option.
15. Set Transcriptions options: Transcribe your call recordings automatically so you can read through calls instead of listening to them. Having transcriptions turned on incurs an additional fee.
Once Transcriptions are turned on you can also choose from the following options:
- Speech to Text Language – Choose the language you want to transcribe. Example: If your calls are in Spanish you can choose Spanish and we will transcribe in Spanish. This will NOT work to transcribe one language to another. ( Spanish to Spanish ; Spanish to English )
- Toggle transcriptions being included in notifications.
- Keyword Spotting: You can choose to have our system watch for the presence of particular words or patterns of words and take actions (like send an email alert or tag the call) if the pattern is found. If you wish to use the keyword spotting, you need to turn on transcriptions. You can set up your keyword spotting rules here. *note keyword spotting may not work with languages other then English*
16. Click Save Changes.
17. Set Default Text to Speech: This is the default voice that will be used when our system needs to okay an error message that is not customizable.
18. Time Limit: By default CallTrackingMetrics has the maximum time limit of a call set at 2 hours. You can adjust the time limit for a call anywhere from 30 minutes to 8 hours.
19. Edit Assigned Tracking Numbers: Choose which tracking numbers should be associated to this configuration.
- Click the “Edit Assigned Tracking Number” button and choose which tracking numbers should be associated to this configuration. You can choose some or all of your numbers, and you could have different configurations for different groups of tracking numbers.
22. Click Save Changes.
If numbers are not assigned to any configurations, we will not do any advanced features, such as recording calls.