Configure Call Settings
The Call Settings area is where you configure global settings for your calls. Anything not having to do with routing or source tracking e.g. call recording, transcription, announcement messages, and caller ID options. This is configured in call settings.
- Set up
- Call Recordings
- Announcement Message
- Caller ID
- Spam Detective
- Agent Whisper Message
- Auto Text Response
- Emergency Override
- Default Text to Speech
- Tracking Numbers
Configure Your Call Settings
1. Go to Numbers → Call Settings
- From here, you can edit an existing configuration or create a new one by going to the “New Call Settings” button on the upper right. If you are just setting up your account, we recommend starting by clicking “Edit” next to the Account Level configuration and get that set up the way you want it. You can always add additional configurations later.
2. Enter a Name s.
3. Add a Description .
4. Play Message: This is the message you want callers to hear when they call your tracking number. This is often used to announce call recording to your callers.
- Type in your message in the text box and choose which voice.
- If you want to record a custom message on the spot, select the microphone and make a recording right from your computer. Also there’s an option to call a phone number.
- Select the cloud button to upload a recording or choose a recorded message.
5. Save Changes
You can make a professional voice recording by using our partner Voice Bunny and upload the recording.
6. Call Recording options:
7. Save or Edit.
8. Select the Caller ID options: This is the information you want to see about your caller.
Set from the following options:
- Basic Caller ID which providers the name and phone number on record for the caller. If this is off we will not get the caller ID in the call log.
- Enhanced Caller ID: This feature incurs an additional fee.
Choose to look up the name, address, and gender of the caller using our enhanced caller ID lookup service. This feature is only available in the U.S. and Canada. You are only charged for the first time if we find a match for the caller.
- Show Tracking number as Caller ID shows the tracking number in place of the caller ID for incoming phone calls.
- Use national format when forwarding caller ID e.g +1-555-555-5555, use 555-555-5555.
9. Save Changes.
10. Set Spam Detective identifies if a caller looks spammy or like a robo-dialer and takes specified actions if flagged.
Select and Save
- Enable Spam Detective: This feature is a great way to remove distraction for your agents and classify telemarketers automatically. Choose the action you want taken if a caller is identified as spam. This option allows you to route directly to a voice menu where the caller needs to enter keypresses to continue. Note: his will eliminate calls from robo-dialers.
11. Set Agent Whisper Message allows for the configure if you want your receiving agents to hear a message when they answer the phone. There are three types:
- Account Level Whisper: The same announcement is played to receiving agents irrespective of the tracking number the caller dialed. e.g.“This is marketing call.”
- Source Announcement Whisper: Plays a message specific to the tracking number dialed, such as “New call from Google Organic.”
- Play Beep after receiving whisper: This will play a beep after the whisper to the agent as notification that the caller is now on the line.
If you have a voice mail or an IVR on your receiving number, we will play this message as soon as the call connects. If you have trouble with the whisper, you may need to configure a delay on the message.
- Announcement Whisper Hours allows you to control what time of day you want to play the Whisper. This is helpful if you have a voicemail that picks up immediately during after hours
- Whisper Timing:
- Skip Receiving whisper allows the caller has waited longer then the given time do not play the whisper but connect the call immediately.
- Delay Receiving Whisper which some IVR Systems have a connection delay that will cause the operator to miss the whisper. Use this option to add an additional delay before the whisper is played.
- Announcement whisper max active calls limits the number of agents receiving calls and have a voicemail system that picks up immediately. There is an option to skip the whisper when more than the given number of phone calls are active.
12. Click Save Changes.
13. Auto Text Response : This can be toggled to automatically send an engagement text to the caller. You can define the text message to be sent once you enable this option.
14. Emergency Override: Toggle this option if you need to re-route calls for all assigned Tracking Numbers to a different Receiving Number. You can assign the Receiving Number when you enable this option.
15. Set → Transcriptions to transcribe your call recordings automatically so you can read through calls instead of listening to them. Additional transcription fees do apply.
Once Transcriptions are turned on you can also choose from the following options:
- Speech to Text Language – Choose the language to transcribe. Example: If your calls are in Spanish, choose Spanish and we will transcribe in Spanish. This will NOT work to transcribe one language to another. ( Spanish to Spanish ; Spanish to English )
- Keyword Spotting: You can choose to have our system watch for the presence of particular words or patterns of words and take actions (like send an email alert or tag the call) if a pattern is found. To use keyword spotting, you need to turn on transcriptions and setup keyword spotting rules here. *note keyword spotting may not work with languages other then English*
16. Click Save Changes.
17. Set → Default Text to Speech: This is the default voice that will be used when our system needs to okay an error message that is not customizable.
18. Time Limit: By default CallTrackingMetrics has the maximum time limit of a call set at 2 hours. You can adjust the time limit for a call from 30 minutes to 8 hours.
19. Edit Assigned Tracking Numbers: Choose which tracking numbers should be associated to this configuration.
- Select → Edit Assigned Tracking Number to choose which tracking numbers should be associated to this configuration. You can choose some or all of your numbers.
22. Save Changes.
If numbers are not assigned to any configurations, we will not do any advanced features.