Secure Call Transcription (PCI, SSN, PII Detection & Redaction)
Home › Support Hub › Numbers › Number Management › Call Settings › Secure Call Transcription (PCI, SSN, PII Detection & Redaction)
Secure call transcriptions allow the system to detect when credit card information, social security information, or phone numbers are spoken during a call, tag the call appropriately, and redact that information from your call transcriptions and associated call recording.
Enabling secure transcriptions
1) Navigate to Numbers → Call Settings.
2) Click edit next to the configuration you wish to change.
3) Click or scroll down to the Transcriptions section.
4) If you have not already done so, click to enable transcriptions for this call configuration. Enhanced Transcription does not support redaction or tagging at this time.
5) Once transcriptions are enabled, new options will appear. Click the toggles to select what types of information you would like to have detected. For any option you have selected, calls will be tagged whenever that type of information is recognized in the recording of a call.
6) If you wish to redact any of the selected information types from your transcriptions and recordings, click to enable redaction. With redaction enabled, protected information will be covered with a low tone for that section of the call recording, and the corresponding transcription will be replaced with [redacted] text.
7) Click Save Changes.