Secure Call Transcription (PCI, SSN, PII Detection & Redaction)
Home › Support Hub › Numbers › Number Management › Call Settings › Secure Call Transcription (PCI, SSN, PII Detection & Redaction)
Secure call transcriptions allow the system to detect when credit card information, social security information, or phone numbers are spoken during a call, tag the call appropriately, and redact that information from your call transcriptions and associated call recording.
These optional security features are available for basic transcriptions only. If any security features are enabled, truncated transcriptions cannot be used.
- PCI Detection detects when a credit card number or CCV is spoken during a call. If either are detected, a “pci” tag will be applied to the call.
- SSN Detection detects when a Social Security Number is spoken during a phone call. If detected, a “ssn” tag will be applied to the call.
- Number Detection detects when a number is spoken during a call. If detected, a “number” tag will be applied to the call.
- Redaction will automatically remove any sensitive information detected in the transcription. If this is done, a “redacted” tag will be applied to the call.
Enabling Secure Transcriptions
- Navigate to Numbers → Call Settings.
- Click edit next to the configuration you wish to change.
- Click or scroll down to the Transcriptions section.
- If you have not already done so, click to enable transcriptions for this call configuration. Enhanced Transcription does not support redaction or tagging at this time.
- Once transcriptions are enabled, new options will appear. Click the toggles to select what types of information you would like to have detected. For any option you have selected, calls will be tagged whenever that type of information is recognized in the recording of a call.
- If you wish to redact any of the selected information types from your transcriptions and recordings, click to enable redaction. With redaction enabled, protected information will be covered with a low tone for that section of the call recording, and the corresponding transcription will be replaced with [redacted] text.
- Click Save Changes.