Porting Numbers to CallTrackingMetrics
To move a phone number from one carrier to another like CTM you will need to follow these guidelines.
Porting is available in US and Canada only. To start, select create your port request in CTM within the numbers menu go to:
Numbers > Port Numbers.
Note: Number(s) should be ported into the account you would like the phone number(s) to reside in. In order for a streamline port request it is best not to move number between sub accounts until the porting process has completed.
- Verify the numbers in the port and make sure they are not active receiving numbers.
- If one of your port numbers is an active receiving number, please choose an alternate routing method for the associated tracking numbers.
Step 1: Go to the porting numbers page
Step 2: Enter the current carrier’s name:
Step 3: Go to Numbers to Port and enter in the Number to Port and the Forward/Receiving Number. Next, assign the tracking source and if you are an agency, choose the account.
If you would like to port multiple numbers you have the option to upload a .csv file or manually copy/paste, a .txt file that follows this format for columns: number to port, receiving number, tracking source, and account name. Paste a List of Numbers
Step 4: Enter in the Customer Name that appears EXACTLY from the telephone bill and add the Account PIN. (Note: If you don’t know your Account PIN, call your current service provider to obtain it for the port request)
Step 5: Next, enter the Billing Address. You will want to fill this our EXACTLY as you see it on your telephone bill.
Step 6: Finally you will check the box that says I understand in the Agreement section to the fee CTM will charge.
Step 7: Select the Continue to Letter of Authorization.
- There will be a box at the bottom to click for you to sign.
- Once signed, a green bar will appear: You have completed all required fields. Please click Continue.
- The continue is found at the top of the page.
Select, I Agree
Step 8: Proof of Ownership, upload a bill or screen shot showing that you own the number. Then select, Send Proof of Ownership.
Once submitted you will be taken to the port number page where you will see the following: Our team will review the proof you have provided and will get back to you with more information. CTM will contact you using email that was used during login.
- In order to make sure there is no downtime during the port, you should also keep your account active with the losing carrier until the number has completely ported over to CTM.
- Port request normally take 4 weeks to complete. During this process, CTM will provide updates by email regarding the process for the numbers (approvals, rejections, etc) along with a port scheduled date.