User Management – Divisions
Larger organizations that have different divisions or sub organizations can benefit from using this feature to help streamline the process of creating new users across multiple accounts. This functionality provides the ability to create Division Administrators, allowing them to create accounts and assign users without having to be an Agency Administrator over all accounts.
Each Contact Center account can have many divisions and a division can have many sub-accounts assigned to it. There are two account roles that will have access to divisions, Agency Administrators and Division Administrators. Here are the roles and their respective access levels:
- Create new divisions within their agency
- Add and remove sub-accounts to a division
- Edit existing divisions within their agency
- Assign users as a Division Managers
- Assign users to any division (non-manager)
- Create new sub-accounts and assign them to a division
- Administrative rights to sub-accounts within their division
- Add and remove sub-accounts within their assigned division
- Assign and remove users to any division they manage
When adding an individual user or sub-account to a division those users will be granted access to all sub-accounts within the division with a user role of Report Manager.
- Deleting users through this method is not supported at this time. When a user or sub-account is removed, they are only taken out of the division. The user profile still exists within the sub-account in which it was created. To remove a user you will need to go into the sub-account and manually delete the user profile.
- A sub-account can only be assigned to one division at a time.
You can create new divisions, add new sub-accounts, and add new users to divisions multiple ways within your CTM account.
Creating a new Division, Assigning Sub-Accounts & Users
- Go to Menu > Settings > Parent/Agency > Divisions
- Click on New Division in the upper right corner
- Assign a Name (you may also add a description if you’d like)
- Click Save Changes
- Now that your division is created you can begin assigning sub-account(s), user(s), and Administrator(s).
- To assign a sub-account, click on Edit Accounts. A pop-up window will appear with two sections. On the left are the accounts that are eligible to be added to the division, and on the right are accounts (if any) that are already assigned that division.
Note: If the account name has an asterisk (*) followed by a name in parenthesis like shown above, this means the sub-account already belongs to a division. If you select the account to be assigned to the current division, it will be removed from the existing division.
- Once you have selected the appropriate sub-account(s) to assign, click “Save Changes”. You will then see the account(s) assigned.
- To add users, click on Edit Assigned Users. A pop-up window will appear with two sections. On the left are the users that are eligible to be added to the division, and on the right are users (if any) that are already assigned to that division
- Once you have selected the appropriate user(s) to assign, click Save Changes. You will then see the user(s) assigned.
- To add Administrators, click on Edit Admins. A pop-up window will appear with two sections. On the left are the Admins that are eligible to be added to the division, and on the right are Admins (if any) that are already assigned to that division.
Adding a sub-account to a Division
- Go to Menu > Settings > Account Settings > Division
- Once there, click on the drop down menu and select which division you wish to add the account to.
- After you have selected the division you want, click on Save Changes
Adding an individual user to a division
- Go to Account Details > Profile > Divisions > Edit Assigned Divisions
- A pop up box will appear, from here select the division(s) you wish to add the user to, then click Save Changes.
Creating a new sub-account and assign it to a division
- Go to Settings > Accounts > New Account
- Enter the Account Name
- If the user has access to one division the account will automatically be assigned to that division. If the user has access to more than one division, a division will need to be selected.
- Click Get Started