Custom Softphone Settings
Home › Support Hub › Settings › Configuration › Custom Softphone Settings
Phone Settings are common settings that can be enabled for groups of users in your account. Phone settings configurations can be used to enable custom wrap-up panels and define how the softphone behaves for each agent.
Phone settings are available on Call Center accounts.
Creating a Phone Settings Configuration
1) Navigate to Settings → Phone Settings.
2) Click New Settings on the right side of the toolbar.
3) Enter a name for this phone settings configuration.
4) If agents assigned to this configuration need to be able to access the list of contacts in your account, check the box labeled “Allow agents to access contact list.”
5) In the Answering Calls section, choose whether you with to allow agents to ignore calls (using the ignore button).
6) Click answer on notification click to allow agents to answer calls by clicking on a desktop notification.
7) Click auto answer incoming to auto-answer calls for agents that are in accept calls mode.
8) Use theDesktop Notifications section to customize the on-screen pop-up that displays for incoming calls. You can customize the notification title, body, and duration (how long it will stay on the screen before automatically disappearing).
9) Use the Auto-load Panel drop-down to select which call detail panel will appear by default when a call is answered. Choose from the following options:
- Default panel (will display the contact panel if no call script is configured)
- Contact panel
- Call Scoring panel
- Salesforce panel (if the Salesforce integration is enabled)
- Desk.com panel (if the Desk.com integration is enabled).
10) In the Phone Buttons section, you can show or hide actions in the softphone. By default, the Transfer, add, Party, and Call Scoring buttons are enabled. Uncheck the boxes to remove any options you wish to hide from the softphone.
11) In the Phone Settings section, you can customize which softphone features are enabled for agents. Uncheck the boxes to disable any of the following features:
- Allow agents to customize their phone settings (edit this phone settings configuration)
- Allow offline browser phone
- Allow receiving phone number
- Allow voicemail
- Allow voicemail transcription
12) In the Call Transfers section, you can enable only list available agents so that only agents currently accepting calls will be available for transfer (recommended).
13) Click to enable Hold & Transfer if you wish for transferred calls to be taken over by the receiving agent. Leaving this off will require the initial agent to remain on the call in order for the call to remain active.
14) In the Missed Call section, choose what you would like to happen for agents who miss a call. By default, the agent will be left in accept calls mode. Use the drop-down menu to change this to Stop Accepting if you prefer to remove agents who miss calls from accept calls mode.
15) The Wrap-up Panel section allows you to direct agents to a custom panel after a call has ended. If you have created a custom panel, use the Wrap-up custom panel drop-down to select the custom panel to use for post-call.
16) Use the After wrap-up drop-down to determine whether the agent will be automatically returned to accept calls mode after completing wrap-up. By default, the agent will be set back to accepting calls. Use the drop-down menu to change this to Wait for Agent if you prefer to let agents manually set themselves to accept calls mode.
17) Click Save Changes.
18) Click Edit Assigned Agents to select which agents will use this phone settings configuration. Each agent can only be assigned to one phone settings configuration.
19) Click Save Changes.