Receiving Text (SMS) Messages on Your Tracking Numbers
Home › Support Hub › Texts › Logs › Text Log › Receiving Text (SMS) Messages on Your Tracking Numbers
You can set up your tracking numbers to receive and send text messages through the CTM software. This feature is currently only available on US & Canada local tracking numbers.
How to set it up:
1) When you search for numbers to buy (Numbers > Buy Numbers), there is a checkbox that allows searching only for numbers that support text messaging:
2) You can check if your existing tracking numbers have SMS capabilities by going to Numbers > Tracking Numbers. You will see a “Text” column on the right side, which will show a green check for SMS enabled numbers and a red X for non-enabled numbers.
3) To enable tracking numbers to start receiving and sending text messages, go to Texts > Text Numbers.
Here you will see all of your tracking numbers that have text capabilities. You can Enable incoming text messages to some of your numbers or all of them by clicking on them to move them from the left hand side to the right hand side.
Text messages are limited to 160 characters. Longer messages can be sent by segmenting a message into multiple linked segments. These longer messages are limited to 800 characters (5 messages). Messages over this character limit will be truncated to fit.
This may incur extra costs, as a message is sent for each segment.
4) To see the text messages that you are receiving on your enabled tracking numbers, go to Texts > Text Log.
From the log, you can also send outbound text messages by clicking on the “new message” button in the upper right.
5) If you would like to receive the text messages on your own cell phone or in an email, you should set up an automatic trigger to happen each time you receive a text message. The system will forward the text message to your cell phone or to you in email. You can learn more about text triggers here