Send phone call data into Google Analytics as events
View your calls right in Google Analytics and analyze them in conjunction with your website data. CallTrackingMetrics sends all inbound calls into Google Analytics as events with the website visitor detail attached. Don’t want all calls to go into Analytics? No problem. We can send calls based on tracking number or tracking source, receiving number, key press, or send only calls with website visitor detail.
CallTrackingMetrics’ integration with Google AdWords creates a seamless flow of data, connecting the exact paid click to the caller. Seeing calls as conversions right in AdWords exposes trends on which keywords and campaigns are driving in most calls and making you the most money. Don’t ever optimize around just clicks again.
Tracking Click to Call and Call Extensions
Our integration will even track each call to your click to call ads and call extensions back to the exact keyword and ad that led to the call. You will see this information in real-time for each call and also in all of your CTM reporting so you are not just optimizing around those people that clicked on the ads- but also the many mobile and desktop searchers who called right from the click to call ad or extension.
Our integration is simple to set up and doesn’t require you to make any changes within your AdWords accounts. Simply link your CallTrackingMetrics account to the web property where you want the data sent. If you are an agency with access to many web properties, CTM will prompt you to choose which web property to link to each of your client’s sub-accounts.
Improve Conversion Rates
CallTrackingMetrics’ unique algorithm is able to make an exact match between each website visitor and caller so that the call is counted as a conversion in AdWords. This provides ad managers the ability to know exactly which ads, keywords, and campaigns are leading to calls so they can optimize with full confidence that they are capturing all the conversions.
What distinguishes our tracking numbers from Google’s tracking numbers?
Google’s Call Forwarding reports:
- call start and end time
- call area code
- whether the call was answered or not
- call duration
- call conversions
- All the information Google’s call tracking reports, PLUS:
- call recordings
- full caller ID (including name, number, and location)
- the caller’s IP address
- the tracking number the viewer saw on your website
- the landing page they came in on
- the last recorded URL they were on before they placed the call
- all historical interactions with that caller (previous calls, website visits, agent notes, conversions, and ratings)
CallTrackingMetrics provides a variety of call routing features that Google does not provide, such as:
- Geographic routing
- Call queues
- IVR menus
- The ability to capture premium caller ID information such as name, full street address, gender and email address. Google isn’t able to provide any of that information, as their system is only able to capture the area code of the caller rather than the whole phone number.
Cost and Flexibility
- With CallTrackingMetrics, you own your numbers and it is only used for your business. Google pulls a number from a database of numbers that are shared between thousands of businesses.
- In CallTrackingMetrics, you’re able to track past the call extension in your ad copy, while Google’s advanced call reporting only allows tracking for the call extension. Once the viewer has clicked the ad, Google call tracking is no longer available.
- One of the biggest arguments is that Google advanced call reporting is free, which is true to some extent. Yes, it is free until someone clicks the call button, at which point you are billed the same as a PPC click. So depending on your cost per click, which typically ranges from pennies to up to double digit numbers, Google’s call forwarding might not be that cost efficient.
- Google’s forwarding is also only available in seven countries. CallTrackingMetrics offers call tracking numbers in over 30 countries worldwide, with the option to choose from local, toll free, and vanity numbers for all regions.