How To Use Live Chat for Lead Generation
Featured post by guest blogger: Adela Belin
Mainstream lead generation channels have become too competitive—from your blog and landing pages to email campaigns and social media branding. Given the increasing popularity of messaging apps, live chat is empowering many businesses with qualified leads. A live chat option can minimize the bounce rate and customer support costs while enhancing the customer experience. The fact that 62% of customers are likely to make a repeat purchase due to live chat options speaks for its benefits.
Emirates Vacations is a case in point. The company used live chat to turn around its dismal CTR of 0.35% to a whopping 87%. It created live chat options for every page the user visited—ultimately helping the customer navigate the website easily.
If you’re looking to learn more about using live chat for lead generation, here are five tried-and-tested tips for you.
1. Create a personalized experience
Today, marketing is about creating an experience for the customer rather than hard selling. Live chat allows you to engage with a website visitor and offer them a personalized experience to remember so they convert quickly.
Use the live chat to study the customer’s actions and help them with multiple resources.
- Welcome greeting: At the outset, when the lead lands on your page, send a friendly “hello” over chat. Make the greeting creative and unique to stand out from multiple live chats out there.
- Ease of access: A crucial part of customizing the visitor experience on your page is simplicity. Add elements to make your live chat more intuitive and user-friendly.
- Offer FAQs: Help your visitors with relevant FAQs. If you already have a dedicated FAQ page, redirect your leads for their queries.
2. Leverage bot analytics to understand customer behavior
Live chat analytics is your key to transform your page into a lead generation machine. Visitor data allows you to analyze your visitors’ behavior and understand their preferences.
Here’s a look into how it works—someone lands on your website and visits multiple product pages. They spend more time on a few of these pages and ask questions related to some products.
With bot analytics, you can gain insight into this behavior for every single visitor on your page. You can use these analytics to your advantage and understand your target audience better.
Here are two ways in which you can achieve this:
- Analyze chat transcripts: These transcripts will allow you to identify your users’ pain points while analyzing your chat agents’ performance. Create a word cloud for all your transcripts to improve your website copy. Besides, you can also use the most frequently asked questions in chat to build an FAQ page.
- Monitor visitor activity: Live chat allows you to monitor the visitor’s behavior in real-time. The software collects data based on this to inform you about various data points, such as:
- Which page is attracting the most visitors
- Where visitors are spending their time
- From where the visitors are leaving, some of their concerns
- Their demographics
3. Provide real-time customer support and engagement
Customer service is one of the most underrated drivers of lead generation. When you communicate with a lead proactively and offer them all the desired solutions, they can confidently make their purchase.
Use the live chat to provide real-time assistance to customers and prospects alike.
Besides, when a communication channel is readily available, visitors will interact more often. Compared to email or phone support, live chat allows users to get instant responses and resolve their queries.
Therefore, a conversational chat setup works well for both customer support and engagement!
4. Sync chatbot with CRM
You can truly offer an unparalleled customer experience for new leads by syncing your live chat with CRM.
Syncing your live chat with CRM automatically transfers multiple data points from the chat to the dashboard. So, when your chat agent already knows about the visitor history through CRM or a tool like CallTrackingMetrics, they can offer hyper-personalized support via live chat. You can center the communication on what the customers want, their demographics, and their visit history.
Primarily, integrating CRM and live chat allows you to:
- Create customer profiles for repeat visitors and leads
- Equip chat agents with chat history to better steer the conversation
- Automate the process of information capturing
5. Upsell and cross-sell
Live chat is not meant only for customer support and engagement. You can use the live chat option to upsell and cross-sell your clients and prospects.
You can achieve this goal in two ways:
- Offer promotions: Show your visitors the best deals on your website. Give them a peek into the big savings they can make with special discounts and offers.
- Suggest relevant products: Use the live chat to offer suggestions for products your customers might need. Doing this will not only enhance their shopping experience but also increase your revenue.
6. Use chat triggers for multiple factors
Trigger-based chat messages are ideal for personalizing your visitors’ experience on the website. These triggers motivate your leads to initiate a conversation and help in building more proactive communication.
Simply put, chat triggers activate a message or trail of messages whenever a visitor performs a predefined action. For example, when you visit Hubspot’s Pricing page, the chatbot shows this customized message to explain their pricing plans.
You can use these triggers for multiple conditions:
- Page visited: Send the users a relevant message based on the pages they visit, like Hubspot.
- The number of visits: Offer discounts or refer to the users’ past purchases when they visit again.
- Exit intent: Detect the users’ movements to notice their exit intent and send them a catchy message.
- User data: Leverage user data, like their demographics and their device, to personalize your messages.
Nelson Boswell said, “Always give people more than what they expect” on marketing and customer experience. With live chat, you can bring his advice to life and boost your lead generation strategy.
Use the live chat to assist, entice, and engage your visitors. Give them valuable support, offer discounts, and encourage interaction to enhance their experience.
The tips in this article will take you a long way to leverage the power of live chat to generate high-quality leads for your business and engage customers in a better way.
About the Author:
Adela Belin is a content marketer and blogger at Writers Per Hour. She is passionate about sharing stories with the hope to make a difference in people’s lives and contribute to their personal and professional growth. Find her on Twitter and LinkedIn.